Thursday, April 29, 2010

Paper Pottery Update


Hi, I am beginning to be sleep deprived! I should be making furniture for the CDHM site to update things but can't get my head around it!
I've been playing with the quilling paper pots I started and I thought I would show you some of the work.
I can't emphasize enough the importance of using Elmer's glue to make the pots good and hard. I smear the inside and now the outside of the bowls with several coats of Elmer's and let them dry overnight.
I have started using my Dremel with the small diameter drum sander on to sand the bowls. It's so, so much easier and quicker.
I made a pot and bowl from the quilling paper from ideas from a birthday card to my husband and a note pad.
I haven't finished the pot from the birthday card, yet. I thought I would show you that one in progress.
I like the red speckled bowl with the handle. It's just 28 gauge green paddle wire and a toothpick for the handle. I drilled using a #72 bit for the wire to go through and used files to shape. To make the surface decoration I glued card stock onto the surface of the bowl.
Then I finished the pot I was making for the tutorial. That's the brown glass stain on the top part of the pot. I wasn't sure you could see it in the picture with the tulips.
I finished these with Delta's Perm Enamel Clear Gloss Glaze.
I'm taking a nap. Kris


I have some more sanding on the pot from the birthday card at the middle seam. The glue is drying.